.

Search This Blog

Empty for a decade since Hurricane Katrina...then the lights came on in abandoned hospital


So the sight of Christmas tree lights mysteriously appearing in just one of its hundreds of rooms high
up near the top floor sent shivers down the spines of residents overlooking the derelict Charity Hospital in New Orleans.
After the haunting image was posted on social media it sparked a huge debate as to whether it was the work of the paranormal.
Some suspected the vast hospital site may be haunted by many of the people who died there and that they may have been looking to brighten up life in the afterlife over the festive period.
Others, of course, considered, it a digitally edited hoax

Resident Lisa Walley Staggs was the first to post the images on Facebook. 
She wrote: "For those few of you who may not know...I work at an inner city New Orleans hospital that happens to be situated directly across from Charity hospital.
"Charity hospital has been closed, it's windows darkened, since Hurricane Katrina, and is a gloomy and dreary sight on the best of days...at night it's down-right scary. Until tonight.
"See, I park on the roof of my parking garage, and tonight as I was leaving work, I glanced over at the forgotten building, only to see the lights of a tiny Christmas tree!
"I wish the pictures did it justice. I don't know how it's lit. I don't know how it's even in there, but it made me smile just a little bit tonight!"
anesthesia technician Mike Arbon, who also works at New Orleans Hospital also spotted them.
He said: "It's really pretty and little creepy. It gave me chills when I saw it and, of course, made me think of my brother, who passed away at Charity Hospital."