The latest heartbreaking image of America's battle against heroin: Shocking footage shows toddler trying to wake her overdosed mother passed out in a Family Dollar store
An unresponsive woman was caught on camera on the ground suffering from an overdose in a store.
In the scary footage, the woman's 2-year-old daughter tried to pull her mother's arm and wailed.
The clip was taken at a Family Dollar store in Lawrence, Massachusetts, in the toy aisle, Fox 25 reported.
In the scary footage, the woman's 2-year-old daughter tried to pull her mother's arm and wailed
Lawrence Police Chief James Fitzpatrick told Fox 25: 'It's very disturbing to see someone obviously in the matter of addiction where it overtakes someone where they're not able to take care of their child, leaves their child vulnerable.'
According to the TV station, the mother may have overdosed on either oral heroin or a narcotic like fentanyl.
She needed two Narcan doses so she could be revived