.

Search This Blog

Model uses corset to get 16-inch waist


A New York fetish model has shrunk her waist to 16 inches, working out to the extreme to achieve the hourglass figures she’s seen in comic books.
Kelly Lee Dekay, 27, has dropped 12 inches off her midsection in just the past six month to become the real-life Jessica Rabbit and Marvel character “Storm.”
“Growing up I just loved the exaggeration of styles and the beautiful costumes that comic book characters would wear and that led to the aesthetic that led to tight-lacing,” Dekay told Bancroft Media.
“I like that they wore their personalities externally. I understand their measurements can’t ever possibly be achieved because they would break but I think it’s interesting how fabric and thread can just easily manipulate the body to do such and extreme silhouette.“
Dekay wears a corset to pull it all in during many of her workouts.
“The corset can be restrictive when going up the stairs. You can’t carry too many heavy things cause you could hurt yourself,” she said.
She added: “I also played softball in a corset once, that was an interesting feeling, but I don’t go to the gym in a corset — that’s really dangerous its because I do weight lifting.”
The reaction she gets from strangers is decidedly “mixed” to say the least.
“I get mixed reactions. Some people really love it, some people really hate it, but I always did it for myself – I didn’t really do it for people’s reactions,” Dekay said.
“I love modifying and its often mistaken that modification as being a means of like not loving yourself but I modify because I can, because its fun. People say that it looks unnatural, but I have big bright blue hair – what part of me screams I want to be like everybody else?”